Wednesday, November 16, 2011

{The Wednesday Whine}

What is The Wednesday Whine you ask?  Just a few things that have been on my mind.  In no particular order.

1.  Prostate Cancer Awareness:  You will hear this a lot on my blog.  Because it's something very close to me.  A cause that I am very involved in.  Did you know September is PCAM?  I didn't.  Until 2 years ago MH was diagnosed with PCa at the age of 38:  September, 2009.  Wow, ironic.  I realize it's not September but it's never too late to become more aware of it.  PCa is no longer an "old man's disease".  We know several people that have been diagnosed.  Some in their early 20's.  So please have the men in your life tested.  It's as easy as a blood test.  Happy to say MH is cancer free.   

2.  Whitney:  The new fall show that I absolutely laugh so hard I cry.  It's hysterically funny. 

3.  Cooler Weather:  (I warned you)  I actually love fall.  I love to see the changing leaves, feel the crisp clean air, eat caramel apples and everything pumpkin. I even love Thanksgiving.  A full day of eating and football.  But I hate what comes next.  (sigh)

4.  Pajama Jeans:  Really?  That's all I'm sayin'

5.  Formal Dresses:  I'm a photographer.  And I recently did a shoot with 18 beautiful people for Homecoming.  But seriously - I think all the girls were missing the bottom half of their dresses.  Listen girls... it is not attractive to wear a sleeveless gown and pull it up 10 gazillion times during an hour photo shoot.  If you have to continue pulling it up, you probably shouldn't be wearing it.  AND if your dress is too tight you can't sit down, how are you going to eat dinner.  AND if you have to constantly hold down your dress so your "world" doesn't show, it's TOO short.  You're welcome.

6.  Bullying:  It's seriously out of control.  The oldest Diva has always been one that has been bullied, in one way or another.  She is so sweet and kind and I think that's why she is picked on.  I understand she is at the age where it happens a lot.  But it's heartbreaking.  And it's not ok.  Especially by those that are suppose to be her closest friends.  I wish these bullies understood what they are doing will effect the child forever.  Another cause close to my heart.  Not just because it has affected my Divas - because it effects thousands of kids every day. 

7.  Pump Class:  New instructor tomorrow.  Be very afraid. 

8.  Daily Clothing Debate:  Seriously.  Every morning.  The Littlest Diva.  Why are we not surprised.

9.  It's suppose to snow this weekend.  A lot.  Did I mention how I feel about the snow?

10. Starting Friday is the birthday week for the Littlest Diva.  She is turning 7.  How is that even possible?  We have a birthday party with her friends, then a party with the family.  Then her actual birthday.  Someone is so spoiled.  Maybe Santa should skip our house this year.  If only it were that simple. 

No comments:

Post a Comment