Saturday, June 9, 2012

{Wow. Um, yeah...}

I could come up with some really good excuse to why it has been 6 months since I have blogged.  Life is busy. Too much to do.  Had nothing to say - yeah, we all know the last one is not true.  So basically let's just chalk it all up to me sucking and start over...

So here are the highlights over the last 6 months....

For those just joining in, MH (my husband) is a Prostate Cancer Survivor.  We are heading on 3 years of being cancer free.  We have started working with Zero - The Project to End Prostate Cancer.  We have an incredible opportunity to go to Washington DC later this year to attend a Summit where we meet with other advocates to help increase awareness of Prostate Cancer.  What an awesome experience it will be.

The Diva's are more drama than ever.  I have a feeling this is going to continue as we head into the teenage years aka "I swear my mom does not understand me and the torture she is putting me through will create years of therapy for me in the future".  I thought for sure that would come later.  Oh no, my friends.  I have already been told I don't listen.  I'm not patient.  I don't let them wear what they want.  I have also been told by other adults/my own mother that I need to "pick my own battles".  I am.  Don't you worry.  I have found that the drama just increases.  If that is even possible.

Like this morning.  I am getting ready for the day at 10am - don't judge - and upon exiting the shower I find a letter under my door that reads:

hi Mom.  I am verry sad.  I am going to be be hinde the couch crying. Love Littlest Diva


(Okay, she doesn't call herself the Littlest Diva.  Because that would be really sad - and pathetic.)

I will share her latest "Diva-isms".  Because even though she is dramatic, she is freaking hilarious.

Hey mom.  As Justin Beiber's fan I need him to pull up his pants and wear a belt.  AND he needs to not wear purple underwear with white pants.  Hello!!  They are totally see through.  Doesn't he know the rule?  White pant.  White underwear.
------


Littlest Diva falls down on the ground

Diva#1:  Hey while you're down there can you get the remote?
Littlest Diva:  Heavenly Father gave you legs for a reason.  Get it yourself.


Just times this by 6 months and you are now caught up.

1 comment:

  1. I about fell off my chair when I saw a post from you ;) You should blog more...I love reading your writing! Love you sis!

    ReplyDelete