Tuesday, September 27, 2011

{diet advice}

Now don't be scared.  I'm not going to give you any advice on how to lose weight.  I have just kept a running tab of  (horrible) advice I have received from family, friends, people I don't even know.  And I thought I would share... (You're welcome)  I can't list all of them - these are just some of my favorites.

Eat yourself skinny - according to this friend, if you just eat more of the "right foods" you will lose weight.  Maybe I need a list of those "right foods".

Nothing tastes as good as thin feels.  Um, really?  You obviously have never eaten a Krispy Kreme donut.

If you would just work out every day for a month, you could go down to a size 12.  Thank you Captain Obvious.  I am a size 12. 

Have you ever thought that maybe your stomach is depressed?  Huh?  Now I can't take any sort of credit for that one.  This was said to a friend of mine.  But it happens to be one of our favorites.  Wow, maybe my stomach needs therapy.

So here's a little tidbit for those that are giving advice.  And believe me, I am sure I have given advice that was unsolicited.  We all do it.  But here's the thing:  Fat/chubby/overweight people know that they are.  It is no surprise to them/us.  And while you think you have the best intentions, unless you are asked for dieting advice, please don't offer it.  It's kind of like when you see a chubby girl and you think she is pregnant and you pat her belly and say "when are you due".  It's just wrong. 

See?  Now I am giving YOU advice.  What a tangled web we weave...

What's the best/worst advice you have received?

2 comments:

  1. Drink a full glass of water before every meal.....
    I still eat what I want, but now I have to pee in the middle of pigging out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laura deJong told me about your blog and you are hilarious! i love your posts!

    ReplyDelete