Friday, November 16, 2012

I'm baaack....

Woah.... July.  Really?  Has it been that long?  Why yes.  Yes it has.  Let's all reflect for a moment what that means... I'll wait.

I agree.  It means I am lazy. (That and if I had to be a contributor to political banter I would have to go work off my frustrations in the gym.  AS IF!!)  Let's be honest.  It doesn't mean that I have nothing to say.  Seriously?  The Chubby Girl always has something to say.  So here we go...

I, for one, am very upset about the whole Hostess thing.  I mean, it's bad enough that all theses thousands of people are going to be out of a job.  That breaks my heart.  Especially so close to the holidays.  Not to mention taking away our delightful desserts?  And bread that is full of preservatives?  Our local distribution center wasn't even involved in the Strike and yet they are paying for it just like many other people.  A company that has been mismanaged - it's all very sad.  My heart goes out to those families that are losing incomes and that will struggle to find work.  Bless you, my friends.

I was reading a friends blog the other day - who will remain "nameless".  It's a seriously hilarious blog.  I haven't read it for a long time so I thought I would catch up.  I was shocked to see the amount of political banter there was on his blog.  I am all for free speech (hello, I am a blogger) and I agree that politics is very important.  However, it was a little shocking the amount of unrest there was.  And it wasn't just his normal daily blogging.  It was several times a day.  And it has been going on for the last few months.  And the comments!  Wow.  People have a serious axe to grind.  Don't get me wrong - I have my own political views.  Some I share, some I do not.  It just kind of shook my core because he has never been like that!  Please "nameless"... come back!  I have missed you, my friend.

The latest Diva-isms:

"Mom, I think whoever created the word "unicorn" wasn't very smart. Uni means one. They have one horn. It should be called unihorn. Duh"...

Just received this text from Diva#2 "someone stole my pants in gym". Your gym pants? "no my regular pants while i was in class!" Really? Who does that? Then she says she told her teacher and her reply was "you probably just misplaced them". The rest of her clothes are there but not her pants. Are you kidding me?

On the way to school we were discussing the election results with the Littlest Diva. She says "I bet Mitt is really sad. Like, really really sad." Yes sweetie, I am sure he is. "If I were him I would go on a really long vacation." Where would you go? "I don't know maybe someplace warm." That sounds like a great plan. "Since I am really sad too we should probably go on vacation instead of going to school. Doesn't that sound like a great idea? Vacations fix everything". Yes. Yes they do.

One last tidbit...

The Littlest Diva has asked (okay BEGGED) for a pink race track from Santa.  I have searched and searched.  I would even go for girly colors.  I have found one for Polly Pocket but seriously.  I don't want mini cars.  I want the real thing.  Why doesn't matchbox make one for girls?  C'mon!  How sexist do we have to be?  So if anyone in blogland comes across a pink or girly colored race track PLEASE I AM BEGGING YOU! let me know.  

No comments:

Post a Comment